May 2, 2010

Julius Shnorr, St. Peter's Vision

"I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision. There was something like a large sheet coming down from heaven, being lowered by its four corners; and it came close to me. As I looked at it closely I saw four-footed animals, beasts of prey, reptiles, and birds of the air [NRSV, Acts 11:5-6]."

Fifth Sunday of Easter [Comments]

10:00 am Choral Eucharist
The Cathedral Choirs


Prelude: Prelude "St. Botolph" [YouTube], Gordon Slater (1896-1979)


Introit: A New commandment [text], Richard Shephard (b. 1949)

Mass Setting: Mass of St. Thomas, Robert Fleming (1921-76)

Motet: Jesu dulcis memoria [text], Richard Shephard

Postlude: Allegro con spirito in B-flat from Three Pieces [Wilson: listen], Frank Bridge (1879-1941)

No Evensong this Sunday.