March 25, 2012




Michelangelo Buonarroti, Jeremiah (detail), Sistine Chapel, Vatican, 1508-12


But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people [NRSV, Jeremiah 31:33].



Fifth Sunday of Lent [Comments]

10:00 am Choral Eucharist
Men's voices


Prelude: Da Pacem, Domine [Leonhardt: YouTube], Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck (1562-1621)


Mass Setting: Missa XVII pro Dominicis Adventus et Quadragesimae [Solesmes: listen], plainsong


Introit: The Lent Prose [text/listen], Plainsong tone 5


Motet: Sæpe expugnaverunt me [text], plainsong tone 8


Postlude: Hexachord Fantasia [Woolley: BNQ; BM(info), Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck

4:00 pm Evensong
Men's Voices
(For live streaming via Radio Ville Marie, click here)

Prelude: Da Pacem, Domine [Leonhardt: YouTube], Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck (1562-1621)

Introit: Judica me [text], Plainsong tone 4

Preces and Responses: Plainsong

Psalm: 
145 (Tone 7.5)


Magnificat: Plainsong 
Tone 1.5 solemn


Nunc dimittis: PlainsongTone 3.5

Anthem: 
Sæpe expugnaverunt me [text], plainsong tone 8 

Postlude: Aeolian Ricercar
[Spieth: BNQ; BM(info), Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck